Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back on 2010

DISCLAIMER: Some things will never change. I'm always such a slacker. I started this post on January 1, 2011 in an attempt to recap 2010. I got distracted and now am here to finish it on yes, Feburary 3rd. Better late than never, right? The posted I had started and now finished, is as follows:


Happy New Year! We made it through another decade!
Turns out I only had 9 blog posts all of last year, but just like in 2010, I will do a quick recap of the year. 2010 was pretty good, but I am so ready for 2011. I have a lot of things to accomplish this year and I know that I can and will (can you tell I've been reading The Secret? haha). In all seriousness though, I'm getting back on track this year in more ways than one.

Recap of 2010:

January: Spent the last days of Dec
ember and New Year's Day in Vegas. Definitely a fun way to ring in the New Year. I spent the first few hours of the year at a blackjack table, followed by my first trip to Pampas inside the Miracle Mile Shops where I had the best Brazilian BBQ ever! Haven't been back yet but man, let's hope I go back there ASAP this year.

February: Must have been pretty boring, because I really don't remember anything happening in February. Meesa turned 24. That counts, right? HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEESA!

March:
Luck was on my side as I won a trip to Vegas with some insane VIP treatment! The downside: not many of my friends could join me as I had to take the trip the weekend right before many people's finals, but I was able to round up some girlfriends and we had such a fun weekend! I wasn't really sure why Bonni was so bent on spending the weekend with Alan, but then, days later, as I was sitting by the fountains inside The Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace, waiting for Amandeep to finishing buying purses, Bonni called me to let me know that Alan had just proposed. HOLLER!!!! I am so so excited for their wedding this year!

April: showers bring May flowers

May:
Marie and I had this once in a lifetime opportunity to spend a day at Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory for a charity event. Probably the most random (yet awesome) day of our lives. Remember that Vegas trip from March? I was supposed to see Travis Barker at Pure one of the nights and it didn't happen. I was so bummed! Then, come May, sweet Jesus, not only did I get to see Travis Barker perform, I got to meet him too! I just about died. I also met Pharrell, the love of my life, who actually is kind of a weird guy, but hey, we all have some flaws here and there, right? I'll never forget this day. It made my entire month.

June:
Celebrated another year of life on the same day as the Lakers beat the Boston Celtics in Game 1 of the NBA Finals. They later went on to become back to back champions. Three-peat here we come! Oh, remember back in 2010 when Meesa posted this comment on Justin's behalf on my Recap of 2009 post? In case you didn't, here's what she said:

Meesa said...

also, justin wants me to remind you that the lakers got killed by the cavs. and he looks forward to the lakers being beat in the nba finals.

i really don't want to be in the middle of this..


Stick to NHL talk, Justin!

July: LeBron made "The Decision." What. an. idiot. Who the heck leaves a city that adores the heck out of you for a ring? Shoot forget the ring. I'd rather be idolized, man. Anyway, if he knew what was good for him - Chicago was a better option. I'm glad he didn't infest Chicago though. I love the Bulls and I do not love him.

August:
All I can remember is it was super hot in August. Al Gore told you guys this was going to happen. Dang it, Al.

September:
Remember when Southwest hooked me up for my College Football Pick'em skills? I took advantage of it in September. What started out as "Oh cool, I will go to NYC" turned into, "Well if we are going to NYC, let's head up to Niagara Falls and Toronto, spend a few nights in Canada, and head to Chicago on our way home." What an amazing trip that was. I wish I could do it all over again. I will do a more in depth post on this later. It's too good to be summarized into just one measly paragraph.

October, November, and December:

The last few months of the year are always filled with so many holidays (twice as many for me) so it's a lot of time spent with family, friends, and food - lots of food. It's always a time when I get really fat. It's like those people standing outside of concerts, sporting events, and anything else that is fun - "Party now PAY LATER." Oh yes, I am currently paying. It has been weeks since I have eaten out at any fast food establishment or consumed any beverage high in sugar. So boring, I know, but what can you do? Anyway, here's to an amazing 2011! Hopefully I start blogging more often. I enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I like how Meesa somehow literally "got in the middle of this"

    Your year sounded really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter