Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The World is Coming to an End

So this past Sunday I was celebrating Diwali with family and friends in Torrance. Serious Lakers discussions were taking place when all of a sudden I heard Bobby (who is 12) complaining about having to go to school the next day. Given he goes to the same middle school that I did, I started asking him which classes he was taking and who were his teachers. Surprisingly, my P.E. teacher (who appeared to be at least 64 years of age in 1998) is still a P.E. teacher. But, I digress. Anywho, this was the latter part of our conversation:

Me: So are you going to take marine bio as your elective next year?
Bobby: No I don't think I want to
Me: [shocked]What! Why not? You get to go on the coolest field trips to Catalina and Sea World and stuff.
Bobby:Really? I doubt that's the case any more.
Me:Why not?
Bobby:Since the economy is so bad, all of the schools are canceling field trips. We rarely go on them anymore. The only one I have been to was to the LA River and all we did was clean it. We got to pull a mattress out of there.
Me:

Dang this bloody economy! THE CHILDREN ARE SUFFERING!

1 comment:

Site Meter