Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Television Overload

After a summer full of syndicated shows from the 90s and random Food Network and Bravo marathons, I was definitely looking forward to the return of my favorite shows during the fall season. With the exception of The Office and Jeopardy!, most of the shows I religiously follow are actually on cable networks. That being said, this all changed in recent weeks. With all these new shows in the fall lineup, network television has become awesome again and let me just say, it hasn't been awesome since ABC had T.G.I.F. - what up Steven Q. Urkel!

Community - NBC


Being a huge fan of The Soup, I had to make sure to watch Joel McHale's new show Community. I love the storyline and the characters are hilarious. So far the first three episodes have been great and I think the show is going to be a hit.

My Rating: ★★★★

Modern Family - ABC

If you haven't noticed, I love comedies. That being said, after seeing the previews, I also decided to check out Modern Family. Although stereotypical at times with the different families, this show is awesome. My favorite character is definitely Phil (Ty Burrell) - the lame dad who tries really hard to be cool and with it. Dancing to High School Musical songs and texting his homies - you go poser dad you go! I make it a point to catch it whenever it's on.

My Rating: ★★★★.5 yeah I don't know how to make a half star

Flash Forward - ABC

When I saw the commercials for this, I was seriously blown away and wanted to watch, but I told myself no because I simply cannot follow this many shows! I don't watch shows casually either so I knew I couldn't add another to my television schedule..too much dedication into something I shouldn't really be dedicated to at all. Sure enough, leave it to my trusty friend Bonni to watch it and tell me how good it is. Great. I knew I was going to get sucked in. I decided to watch the first episode online and the 2nd one when it aired on TV - holy heck this show is bomb! If I could recommend one show you should be watching, it should be this. There's a new episode on tonight!

My Rating: ★★★★★

I plan on only watching these three new shows and nothing else! Don't recommend I watch any more please, or else I may have to call up homegirl Jenny Craig to help me out.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE FlashForward and all...but...

    yo main guy from FlashForward, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but the Fonz had one of the greatest leather jacket laid back stances of all time! ALL TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel overloaded with television too. does this mean we should maybe re-evaluate our priorities? have you watched glee yet? they just did usher's confessions the last episode, you would have appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, I LOVE ABED!! I need you to marry him.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter