Sunday, January 10, 2010

You Elusive Sandwich, You

From Chicken McNuggets Happy Meals to Filet o' Fish Fridays and $1 Parfaits, I have proudly been running on McDonald's fare since 1990 [the scale in my bathroom will tell you the same]. Since capitalism is so awesome, I can always count on there being a McD's wherever I happen to be in the world. If I can't decide what I'd like to eat, am low on cash, want hashbrowns at 6am, and/or just want a quick meal, I can always count on McDonald's to come to my rescue. Ok, enough of my homage to the humble abode of Ronald and the Hamburglar - let's cut to the chase. There is an amazing item on their menu that I have come to realize isn't available everywhere: The Hot and Spicy McChicken Sandwich. All my life I have been eating the regular non-spicy $1 McChicken sandwich - it is one of my favorites. Then this all changed. Years ago on a trip to Las Vegas [I must have been 11 or 12 I think], I asked Pops for my usual McChicken, only to be given this hot and spicy gem instead. Say what?! I tried it, and because I am brown and love all things spicy, I fell in love. Turns out Nevada does not even sell the regular McChicken Sandwich! I assumed this was a new item and that California would get it eventually too - but unfortunately they did not, and they still never have. To this day, no trip to Nevada is complete without at least 1 Hot and Spicy McChicken is consumed! Did I eat one on my last Vegas trip? You bet. I decided to further investigate. I conducted a simple search on Google, and it turns out LOTS of states sell this sandwich. Why is California getting gypped here? WHY? I want answers McDonald's and I want them pronto.


2 comments:

Site Meter