Wednesday, July 22, 2009

News Reporters are Being Abused Nationwide

How come when it's 95+ degrees outside ABC-7 News finds it necessary to send out Bob Banfield in a dress shirt and tie to give a report stating "Yes, it is extremely hot in Ontario right now.." ? Like we don't know that ourselves? When a large hurricane strikes in Florida, you can count on witnessing a reporter in the middle of it all wearing nothing but a t-shirt, weak poncho and a sorry hat on your nightly news confirming that why yes, there is a hurricane, just in case there was any doubt in your mind. Same thing with wildfires, tornadoes, and any other natural disaster. I have no problem with a news anchor sitting pretty INSIDE the station notifying me about disasters around the country, but I do not understand why there is a need to send out reporters to go out and talk about it. I'm currently sweating bullets inside my house..my phone says it is currently 97 degrees in Northridge and I believe it. Sure enough poor Amy Murphy of Fox 11 is standing in Sherman Oaks tomato red and quite possibly dehydrated right now as I watch her on TV telling me that it is "extremely hot right now."

STOP THE ABUSE!!

2 comments:

  1. 97?! YEAH RIGHT. i need some proof. im sorry i just dont believe it if you simply TELL me. maybe if on your blog you included some video footage of you sweating said bullets...then id probably believe you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob Banfield is a news GOD. He makes snow angels like no other...he sweats so you know where you shouldn't go...he IS doppler 7000HD...all the while, looking damn sexy.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter