Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson: The King of Pop 1958-2009

Truly a sad week in the world of entertainment: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and as of this afternoon, Michael Jackson has passed away. This is a definitely a tragic event for his friends, family, and fans all over the world; with myself included. I grew up listening to MJ..I used to attempt to Moonwalk, lean forward like he did in the "Smooth Criminal" video, and was in love with almost every song he released. When I was a baby and was crying uncontrollably, my mom said the only way she could calm me down was by playing Michael Jackson tapes. She also recorded his music videos for me to watch whenever I was getting out of hand because she knew I'd love it. Sameer and I still let out a "hee hee" or a "shamon!" whenever possible to this day. "I Want To Love You PYT," "Bad," "Beat It", "Man in the Mirror," "Billie Jean.." my all-time faves. RIP MJ you were truly an icon.

2 comments:

  1. ughhhh MY GOSH HES SO HOTTT !!!!!!!!!
    I love your blog !

    Check out my blog:)
    BE A FOLLOWER !

    http://ashpowwow.blogspot.com/
    http://ashpowwow.blogspot.com/

    im following yours !

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter