Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cherimoya Makes Me Say, "Oh-Ya"

Is this seriously an entry about fruit?

Yes, yes it is. You see, I thought I was pretty "with it" when it comes to knowing about the uncommon fruits that are in existence (durian, loquat, jackfruit, etc..) but sure enough, there are plenty out there for me to discover. A while back, Sameer was telling me how cool it is that one of his suitemates has a cherimoya tree back home. I was majorly confused. What in the name of Sweet Jesus is a CHERIMOYA TREE? After he told me about it [and after it was confirmed that apparently everyone seems to know about this glorious fruit besides me], I was definitely interested in trying this thing. I consulted Wikipedia and learned that cherimoya is native to the Andean-valleys of Ecuador and Peru. I had forgotten about all of this until last week when I was out shopping in the valley. Outside the mall there was a farmer's market going on and much to my surprise there was a vendor selling a grip of cherimoya. Bought it, went home, tried it and oh my

THIS SHIZZ IS AMAZING.

Some of you might be reading this and are now shaking your head that it took me 22 years to discover this existed, and then some of you may also now be interested in trying this heavenly fruit. For the latter group, let me tell you..it pretty much tastes like the love child of a pineapple and a strawberry whose father is a banana. Does that analogy even make sense? hmmm oh well. Think of it as a really good mixed fruit smoothie. Conclusion: cherimoya is bomb!

2 comments:

  1. truly "the fruit of the gods." BTW THATS ONE REALLY COOL LOOKING BANNER YOU JUST ADDED! I AM CONSUMED BY ITS AWESOMENESS! WHOEVER MADE THAT MUST BE AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter