Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh Here We Go

Peer pressure, that’s all I have to say. It’s not like I’m new to the blog world; I’ve been livejournaling [read: whining] since I was in high school. Sometime last year I had considered starting a new blog elsewhere but then got caught up with my senior year of college alongside preparing for a rather intense standardized test. Since then, many of my friends have become bloggers themselves and have decided to coerce me into starting one as well. Meesa and Sameer, I'm talking to you two specifically. For months now I have been pestered. I have even been threatened that if I do not start my own blog, it will be started for me. Not an empty threat: I know there's a fake myspace out of there for me so I do not want to take any chances. Stubborn as I am I told them all I had no intention to do so and provided a variety of reasons why it would not be a good idea for me to be blogging [all I would do is blabber about nonsense, my life is not very interesting to be written or read about, I do not think very many people would read it, etc.]. I was sticking to my theory until the other day I had a conversation that went something like this:

Friend: omg why do you still not have a blog? You need one

Me: for the last time it’ll be too boring - my life has become boring! I don’t have much to write about

Friend: dude that’s what the blog should be about…your life after college and how it is getting boring. It will make a case about how you should be in grad school

Me: genius


So here I am now, and much like Seinfeld, this is going to be a blog about nothing. I don’t plan on really detailing every single one of my thoughts or anything like that; but moreover let the people in my life realize how much I long to start school already. People see me as a post-graduate living some sort of fantasy life. Yes, based on what I tell you personally, you may see it as a fantasy life. This blog is here to prove otherwise...to tell you what REALLY goes on a day to day basis. You know something is up when everyday I pray to know when and where I will be attending school. The point of this blog is to make my point. People wanted this so I’m just giving the people what they want...democracy son.

1 comment:

Site Meter