Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Love


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
- Washington Irving

These days, relationships of all kinds are fleeting. Friends come and go, breakups and divorces have become the norm, and human connections in general are quite ephemeral. The one and only bond that I feel is truly unbreakable is one between a mother and her child. Although I am responsible for the majority of my mom's gray hairs, I know that the bond can never break.

To: Mom/Mummy/ Mom-ay/ Mum Jeezy/Momsy/Mummyji/ Maaaa:
I am thankful for everything you have done for me and the relationship we have. Although we have hit some serious bumps in the road from time to time, I know that we have a very strong bond with each other and I am truly blessed for it. So to the best cook, supporter, friend, cheerleader, doctor/cure-all, healer, teacher, listener, and counselor I know : Happy Mother's Day. Love, Sarina



*A special thanks to Meesa for paying premium fees for cool sites


5 comments:

  1. you look like your mom!!!!!!

    you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH MOM!

    haha cool blog dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i see where you beauty come from... like mother like daughter... :) that was a beautiful post and very heart felt... did you show it to her??

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks William! yeah I did

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter