Friday, May 29, 2009

Cube Wars

Curse you Erno Rubik of Hungary and your wretched cube of frustration!

My fascination with Rubik's Cubes has been going on for years now. I knew a lot of people with them in elementary school but what a load of cheaters they were - rearranging the stickers and all! whaaaack. It was around my Junior year of college when I came across a woman selling them at the mall and I decided I had to have one. I had always wanted to have one of my own that I could work with whenever it was convenient for me. I was also glad the ones she had didn't have the stickers, but tiles instead - a Rubik's Cube that means business. So, I bought it, went back to Riverside Monday morning...

and so the saga began.

I was working on this thing like mad. I played with it every morning ,on the trolley, in my classes, at Starbucks..literally, everywhere. Great conversation piece that darned cube is - everywhere I went with it people would check up on my progress, suggest tips, ask if they could try, the works. The truth is I wasn't getting very far and I also had decided I will not ask a single person for any sort of help, tips, nor would I go online for any assistance either. I had created a mini Rubik phenomenon in the UCR region. All of my friends had wanted to try and I had decided to buy them cubes of their own. A Cube Cult if you will. Amandeep had many sleepless nights working on that thing to no avail. Here's the sad part:
It's May of 2009 and I still have not completed the thing

I had been dealing with this monstrosity on and off through my Junior AND Senior years. My stubborn self STILL refuses to get any tips or suggestions..I will finish it..one day..oh I hope. Why blog about this now? I recently found it in my backpack [which hasn't been opened since graduating lol]. Oh here we go again..

here's what it currently looks like:

1 comment:

  1. i stay away from these demons. just looking at one at the store stresses me out!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter